Medical Malpractice

Have You Been a Victim of Medical Malpractice? 

If you have entrusted your health to a doctor, nurse or another medical practitioner in Northern Nevada and have sustained an unnecessary injury because of an error, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Reno medical malpractice attorney if you have been a victim of:

  • Delayed Medical Treatment
  • Failure to be Referred to a Specialist
  • Failure to Run Appropriate Medical Tests
  • Misdiagnosis
  • Misused or Faulty Equipment
  • Prescription of Wrong Medicine or Dosage
  • Premature Release from Care
  • Lack of Consent Acquired
  • Failure to be Informed of Known Risks

We Can Help 

Medical malpractice laws in each state can vary significantly, so you need a medical malpractice attorney with years of experience in Nevada’s medical laws. A malpractice lawsuit can be a long and difficult process, but the Law Offices of Terry Friedman and Julie Throop serve Reno, Carson City and the greater Northern Nevada area and practice in malpractice suits. We’ll work to ensure that you receive the financial compensation you deserve in a timely manner. Compensation may be awarded for:

  • Physical Pain
  • Mental and Emotional Anguish
  • Additional Medical Bills
  • Lost Wages

In many cases, punitive damages may be awarded as well. Punitive damages are above and beyond compensatory damages and are intended to deter the defendant from engaging in similar conduct in the future. For example, if the court awards $100,000 in compensatory damages in a medical malpractice suit in Nevada to cover medical bills, they may also add punitive damages of $1,000,000 to prevent the defendant from committing a similar act in the future.

Next Steps 

If you have questions about a medical malpractice suit and need a Nevada attorney that will fight to give you the compensation you deserve, please give Friedman & Throop Law a call. Our team is here to help.

Medical Malpractice FAQs

In Nevada, the statute of limitations on a medical malpractice claim is one year from the date the patient discovered, or should have discovered the injury, or three years from the date the health care provider inflicted the injury, whichever is sooner. See NRS 41A.097.

You must have a complaint on file before the one year runs, or you will forever lose your claims. A medical expert in the same field of the offending medical provider must review your entire medical record related to the incident and draft an affidavit supporting negligence in order for you to be able to file a complaint against a medical provider in the State of Nevada. See NRS 41A.071.

Pricing Structure

All cases handled by Friedman & Throop personal injury attorneys are on contingency. There is no cost to you for an initial consultation or case review.

Contact Us

Free Consultation

To schedule a free consultation with our team please complete the following form or call us at (775) 322-6500.

We work on contingency. We are paid legal fees only when our clients are paid. There is no cost to you for an initial consultation or case review.